Scariest Star Wars bad guy? For me, it’s Darth Maul. He’s creepy-looking, he’s got a double-bladed light saber, an oddly soothing voice, and he always seems to appear out of nowhere! His theme music (not “Duel of the Fates,” but the whispery, hissing one) is pretty scary too. I’ll admit that his story takes a strange arc in Clone Wars (C’mon… Who can survive being cut in half?!), but his insane lust for revenge and creepy, garbage-spider body makes him even more terrifying. Poor Satine!
The fact that he’s part of an intricate, secret, diabolical plan that has been in motion for a while, is also unsettling. If anybody could bully me into carrying out Lord Sidious’s wishes, it would be Darth Maul. But… only if he lets me ride on his cool scooter first.
In the spirit of the season, here’s a recipe inspired by the Star Wars character that scares me the most. See you in my nightmares, Maul.
Darth Maul Balls
Makes 40 balls
- 1 box Red velvet cake mix, prepared in a 9″X9″ cake pan, and cooled to room temperature
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 bags Black candy melts
- 1 bag Red candy melts
- 10 butterscotch candies, crushed (a food processor works best for this)
12. Remove from the fridge and enjoy while wielding a double light saber. Happy Halloween!!