USE THE FORKS!
Star Wars Cooking
by Kathy Bejma
Good ole Wedge Antilles!
Which Wedge are we referring to? That depends on which scene we’re talking about.Colin Higgins is the first Wedge we meet. He’s the one Luke reassures in the briefing room that hitting the thermal exhaust port won’t be any more difficult than bull’s-eyeing a womp rat. He was fired for not memorizing his lines.The next time we see Wedge, he’s played by Denis Lawson (Ewan McGregor’s uncle). This is trench run Wedge who saves Luke, but then has to bail because he can’t do any more good back there, “Sorry!” In the final film however, David Ankrum was used to overdub all of Wedge’s lines. So that’s 3 different Wedges in the same film- Crazy!
From that point on, things got far less complicated. Denis Lawson played Wedge in The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker. You can also hear his voice over the loud speaker in Rogue One. And he did all that without any help from anyone else- one Wedge united!!Wedge is the only pilot to attack BOTH Death Stars (successfully), and he seems to enjoy blasting TIE fighters, and then flying right though the explosion of their defeat!
He’s truly an asset to any squadron that will have him.
I’m pretty sure they don’t allow snacking to take place in the cockpits of X-Wings, but I bet (given his seniority) Wedge could get away with munching on these Wedge Potatoes, if he was feeling peckish.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Russet potatoes, skins on, sliced into wedges (8 wedges per potato)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees (F), and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
2. Place your wedged potatoes into a large bowl.
3. To your potatoes, add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir with a spatula to coat the potatoes.
4. Spray your tin foil with non-stick cooking spray, and spread your potatoes out evenly, making sure they’re not touching.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, flip them over, and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
6. Remove your potato wedges from the oven, and sprinkle with salt.
7. Serve immediately with ketchup, mustard, or even guacamole!
8. Enjoy while flying through the explosion of your enemy.